A PROFESSIONAL’S COMPLETE
GUIDE TO SUCCESS
In almost every profession, no matter your choice of career, there are opportunities for growth, position dvancement, and experience. One of the most vital keys in achieving those opportunities and having the means to
take them is continuing education.The world is fast-paced and evolving rapidly, which means every job is also
evolving. To keep up with that evolution, you need to maintain your knowledge of best practices, the latest in technology, the best way to approach customers,clients or patients in the digital age, and more.
DOWNLOAD THE PDF TO READ LATER:
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this guide, we will address three main topics.
- The facts behind continuing education and what it means for your growth as a professional
- How to find the right continuing education courses for your career
- Additional resources for your educational advancement
WHY IS CONTINUING EDUCATION IMPORTANT FOR YOUR SUCCESS?
k n ˈtinyooiNG ej ˈkāSH n/
workplace, but it also improves the overall value that you bring to your chosen profession.
A study by EvoLLution revealed that 96% of employers agreed continuing education improves employees’ job performance. The same study also found that firms rated as top workplaces provided training and continual learning opportunities for their employees in order to bring additional value to the business and retain top talent.
Continuing education courses allow you to:
- Build specialized skills you don’t have the opportunity to practice during a regular workday
- Stay up-to-date on the latest in technology, processes, treatments and more related to
- Fine-tune computer skills that could make your professional life easier such as Computer
Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Office Management and Productivity, Adobe Creative
Suite and Project Management.
for networking. Networking is key to nourishing a burgeoning (or even a well-established)
career and continuing education courses could potentially provide you with several
valuable networking opportunities with other professionals.
HOW TO COMPLETE YOUR CONTINUING EDUCATION
“EVERYTHING WE DO IS WITH AN EYE TOWARD PROFESSIONAL GROWTH. IT’S ALL ABOUT TYING THE EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE TO INDUSTRY NEEDS AND WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT.”
Whether your employer offers continuing education opportunities or not, a critical part of the
process is deciding which courses might provide you with the optimum educational benefits
for your particular career. Every job is evolving in its own way and some may require specific
certifications, licensing, and other credits for your resume.
1. Determine your educational and professional goals and needs
2. Ask yourself, “What are the problems and issues I face at work that education can solve?”
3. Will the course improve upon my professional skills? Will I be able to use what I have learned in the workforce?
4. Is the target audience described in the course description? Do I fit that target audience?
5. Are the learning outcomes of this course clearly stated? This will help you determine if the course is an overview or an in-depth class.
6. Faculty credentials – does the instructor have the right qualifications in order for the program to be educationally meaningful?
7. Instructional methods – are they described? Do they require audience involvement/participation?
8. Credit – does the course offer a license or certificate upon completion? Will it satisfy the requirements of the particular certification you might need?
9. Registration fees – are they reasonable when compared to similar programs? Will they be covered by your employer? Don’t be afraid to broach the subject.
HOW THE CEU GROUP CAN HELP
“I HAVE SAVED HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS ON CONTINUING EDUCATION COURSES BY USING THE DISCOUNT CODES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE CEU GROUP.”
– Justin Barton
How it Works
The CEU Group works hand in hand with many of the best professional continuing education providers in the nation. They negotiate a bulk price for registrants and pass that savings onto the working and learning professional.
- Real Estate
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Speech Therapy
- Business Professionals
The CEU Group knows how valuable continuing education can be to every profession.They want to promote value added, but at a discounted price. Use The CEU Group discounts for your next continuing education course and start your journey towards career success.